Slow travel in the city
Puur publishes handy travel guides that almost fit in your back pocket. These guides are “a bundle of original, sparkling, creative and fair addresses”. With fair addresses Puur focuses on addresses where sustainability, fair trade and corporate social responsibility are taken seriously. Puur collects places where you can find peace and relaxation. The travel guide is meant for the conscious traveler, is good for body, mind & spirit and totally fits in the vision of bodyandmind.amsterdam!
Tips and highlights
You find tips for hiking and cycling, highlights and tips for when you’re on the road with the kids. A handy and richly illustrated travel guide that in a pleasant and clear manner leads you the way along the many addresses for vintage, mindfulness, spirituality, wellness, and places around these hotspots for a fair and healthy meal.
Layout per district
- Center; the beating heart of the city with the Red Light District, the Jordaan, the ring of canals and the Plantage.
- West: creative and cultural, from Westergas terrain to Overtoom.
- South: inspiratie in between Oud-Zuid and De Pijp.
- East: hip, colorful and creative. In the eastern part of Amsterdam you can find Studio Open for instance. In Studio Open workshops, courses and treatments take place that boost health, exercise and consciousness. Besides Shiatsu massage, regression therapy and coaching, workshops in stretching and sound healing are given, including courses such as yin yoga and mindfulness.
- In De Pijp you find Cottoncake, a cafe and store in one. Here you have time to relax and enjoy. They have delicious coffee, an exquisite organic breakfast or lunch and homemade cake. The store offers a great mixture of clothes, bags, jewelry and much more. For their collection the owners are inspired by their travels abroad and that is noticeable.
- North and further away: there you find the docks where artists work and exhibit their art. But it’s peacefully green outside the City Ring.
On the inside of the cover is a convenient metro map and a layout per district. All addresses from the booklet are listed on the removable map, including an enhanced street name register.
Travel guide’s practical details
Amsterdam, slow travel in de stad; Michèle Bevoort en Jessica van Zanten; 144 pages; 2013; publishing house Unieboek I Het Spectrum; ISBN 978 90 00 30905 4. Look on the websites https://www.puurreisgidsen.nl/#reisgidsennd www.unieboekspectrum.nl.
Amsterdam offers plenty of opportunity to find soothing places!
Photo credits: Martin van Wier